Admissions Checklist for the 2017-2018 School Year
STEP 1: THE APPLICATION (all grade levels)
To submit your online application click here. If you have any questions, contact the Admissions Office at (808) 739-4832.
If submitting a hard copy application, mail the non-refundable $60.00 Application Processing Fee, ($100 for International Students) along with the completed application. Please make checks payable to "Saint Louis School."
STEP 2: STANDARDIZED TEST RESULTS
- Students applying to grades K-5 may submit standardized test results if applicable.
- Students applying to grades 6 thru 10 are required to take the SSAT. To register, go to www.SSAT.org or contact SSAT directly at (609) 683-4440. Saint Louis ID: 6691
- Also submit a copy of your most recent test results from your current school. This includes: Hawaii State Assessment (HSA), IOWA, Terra Nova, Stanford Achievement, etc.
STEP 3: FORMS FROM THE PRESENT SCHOOL
- Applicants to Kindergarten are required to submit (1)HAIS Confidential Teacher Evaluation Form
- Applicants to grades 1-5 are required to submit (1) Teacher Reference Report Form and (1) Principal/Counselor Recommendation Form
- Applicants to grades 6-12 are required to submit:
(2) Teacher Reference Reports (from Math, English, or Science)
(1) Principal/Counselor Recommendation Form
- A Consent to Release Form may be submitted to the applicant's current school to release all required documents directly to Saint Louis School.
- Extra-curricular recommendations may also be submitted (but not required) in addition to the required forms above.
STEP 4: THE MOST RECENT ACADEMIC RECORDS
- Submit copies of final report cards from the 2015-2016 school year (if applicable)
- Submit a copy of the most recent report card for the current school year
STEP 5: THE FINAL STEP
- Applicants for Kindergarten will be scheduled for an Observation/Evaluation Session that will be held on campus.
- Applicants for Grades 1-5 will be scheduled for a written test/observation session that will be held on campus. A personal interview with the applicant and at least one parent may be requested.
- Applicants for Grades 6-12, along with their parent/guardian, will come in for an interview with one of our Administrators.
After the Interview or Observation/Evaluation Session, applicant files will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. Students who are accepted will be required to submit an enrollment deposit by the HAIS Common Reply Date of April 15, 2017 (grades 6-12) and May 10, 2017 (grades K-5).
Mailed Documents should be sent to:
Saint Louis School
Office of Admissions
3142 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
To expedite the admission process e-mail documents to:
Questions? Call 808-739-4832
- Students enrolling in grades 6-9 will be required to attend a Summer Session (Dates TBD)
- Digital Devices (Tablet/Laptop) - Required for ALL students grades K-12 . Click here for specifications or from the SLS home page go to Academics and choose Technology from the drop down menu.
- Financial Aid - Applications will be available through tads.com starting November 1, 2016. Priority deadline for applications will be February 28, 2017.
- Student Uniforms - There is a required uniform for all students. Additional information and order forms will be available upon enrollment.