Admissions Checklist for the 2018-2019 School Year
PRIORITY CONSIDERATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2018
STEP 1: THE APPLICATION (all grade levels)
To submit your online application click here. If you have any questions, contact the Admissions Office at (808) 739-4832.
There is a $60.00 Application Processing Fee ($100.00 for International Applicants) that will be requested upon completing the online application.
STEP 2: BIRTH CERTIFICATE
Submit a copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
STEP 3: STANDARDIZED TEST RESULTS
Grade K-5 Applicants:
Students applying to Grades K-5 may submit standardized test results if applicable.
Grade 6-10 Applicants:
- Students applying to Grades 6-10 are required to take the SSAT and the new online Character Skills Assessment.
- To register, go to www.SSAT.org, or contact SSAT directly at (609) 683-4440.
- Saint Louis ID: 6691
- We recommend registering for the October, November, December, January, February or March SSAT Test to meet our admissions priority deadline.
STEP 4: ACADEMIC RECORDS
- Submit a copy of the applicant's final Report Card from the 2016-2017 school year.
- Submit a copy of the applicant's most recent Report Card for the current school year.
- Submit a copy of the applicant's most recent test results from your current school. This includes: Hawaii State Assessment (HSA), IOWA, Terra Nova, Stanford Achievement, etc.
STEP 5: FORMS FROM APPLICANT’S CURRENT SCHOOL
- Applicants to Grades K-5 are required to submit (1) HAIS Confidential Teacher Reference Report Form.
- Applicants to Grades 6-12 are required to submit:
(2) HAIS Confidential Teacher Reference Report Forms (select from Math, English, or Science teachers)
(1) HAIS Confidential Administrative Reference Report Form
- A Consent for Release of Information form may be submitted to the applicant’s current school to release all required academic records directly to Saint Louis School.
- Extra-curricular recommendations may also be submitted (but not required) to the required forms above.
STEP 6: THE FINAL STEP
- Applicants for Kindergarten will be scheduled for an on-campus observation/evaluation session.
- Applicants for Grades 1-5 will be scheduled for an on-campus written test/observation session. A personal interview with the applicant and at least one parent may be requested.
- Applicants for Grades 6-12, along with their parent/guardian, will be scheduled for an on-campus interview with one of our Administrators.
After the observation/evaluation session or interview, applicant files will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. Students who are accepted will be required to submit an enrollment deposit by the HAIS Common Reply Date of April 15, 2018 (Grades 6-12) and May 10, 2018 (Grades K-5).
- Students enrolling in Grades 6-12 will be required to attend a Summer Orientation and Evaluation Session (Dates TBD)
- Digital Devices (Tablet/Laptop) are required for students Grades 1-12. Click here for specifications.
- Financial Aid Applications will be available through TADS starting October 2, 2017. Priority deadline for Financial Aid Applications will be February 28, 2018.
- There is a required uniform for all students. Additional information and order forms will be available upon enrollment.
Mailed Documents should be sent to:
Saint Louis School
Office of Admissions
3142 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
To expedite the admissions process, e-mail documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Call (808) 739-4832