Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre's Policies, Services, and Insurance Requirements
Saint Louis Center for the Arts is located in Kaimuki on the Saint Louis School/Chaminade University campus. The theatre is available for rent 7 days a week with a limited evening availability during the school week, when school is in session.
The Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre is part of the Saint Louis School campus. School functions have priority over the facility with all other events scheduled accordingly. To avoid parking congestion during school hours, large capacity shows are recommended during the weekend, when school is not in session.
Monday thru Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Available Hours for Performance Days
Sunday and Saturday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Available Hours on School Days
Monday thru Friday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
School day performance times may vary depending on daily school activities. The Theatre Manager must approve availability of times outside the above schedule.
1. Organizations must comply with the rules and policies established by the management of the Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre and Saint Louis School including but not limited to the Theatre Manager, Site Manager, Stage Manager, and Technical Staff.
2. Organizations must understand that the theatre is located on a high school and college campus and noise levels must be controlled as to minimize the effect on students in classes and/or in a dormitory situation.
3. Organizations are responsible for the removal of excessive amounts of trash created by their function. A dumpster is available in the back of the venue. Please do not overfill trash receptacles and place recyclables in containers designated for that purpose.
4. Organizations will be allowed access to the facility precisely at the time designated by contractual agreement. Maintenance and janitorial staff are not authorized to let organizations into the facility without a member of the theatre management present.
5. NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES are allowed in the auditorium at any time. Organizations are asked to cooperate with this rule and to assist in seeking the cooperation of the audience members of your function or event.
Parking, Drop-off, and Delivery
1. Organizations must refrain from parking in the area in front of the main stairway leading to Keoho Plaza in the front of Mamiya Theatre designated as a FIre Lane. This area may be used as a drop off area only.
2. Loading and unloading may be done on the Loading Dock in the back of the theatre, however - parking on the loading dock is strictly prohibited and is used as a Handicap Accessible area and Emergency Vehicle zone before, during and after events.
Theatre Exterior and Keoho Plaza
1. Tables are available to place outside the venue and/or in the main lobby area for organizations to use. Remember that food and beverages are not allowed inside the auditorium, however - food and beverages may be served or sold outside the venue as long as it is consumed outside the facility. House management must be present during the event to prevent food and beverages from entering the venue.
2. Tents and canopies are allowed in the Keoho Plaza as designated by contractual agreement.
3. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed without the written permission of Saint Louis School and the theatre management of the Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre. Organizations must also present a certificate of permission to serve alcohol from the State of Hawaii Liquor Commission.
4. Many organizations find the Keoho Plaza area an excellent place to meet and greet the performers after the show. Audience members are not allowed backstage before, during, and after the event.
1. You must notify the Theatre Manager if you intend to sell or display items in the main lobby area. Sale of CD's, T-Shirts, and similar items are permitted. NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES may be sold in the main lobby area.
2. Signage on tables must be freestanding - plexiglass frames are encouraged. Taping posters and signs on the theatre windows and on the koa wood walls are strictly prohibited.
3. While many organizations want to use the main lobby area to meet and greet the performers after the show, we recommend, due to the size of the lobby, that you move your audience to the exterior of the theatre and outside to the Keoho Plaza courtyard for your meet and greet. Remember, audience members are not permitted backstage before, during and after the performance.
1. NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES are allowed in the auditorium. Organizations are expected to inform their entourage as well as enforce this policy with participants and audience members.
2. Organizations must hire or supply their own House Manager who will be responsible for following the rules, policies, and protocol of the theatre management. This includes but is not limited to policies regarding ticket taking, handicap seating, distribution of playbills or programs, and the use of cameras and recording devices.
3. Organizations are allowed to reserve seats and/or rows for their purpose. We recommend the use of rope and discourage the use of tape to prevent the damage of the seat fabrics and koa wood backs and armrests.
4. Organizations are asked to discourage their participants as well as audience members from placing their feet on the backs of the seats. This will minimize the deterioration of the fabric and koa wood backs of the seats.
5. Organizations are asked to make a standard announcement before the start of each performance which notifies the audience about the general rules and policies of the theatre.
1. Organizations must obtain and maintain throughout the period of use under their contractual agreement of residency a general liability insurance policy in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) for bodily injury liability arising out of each occurrence and in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) for property damage liability arising out of each occurrence.
2. Saint Louis School and the Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre must be named as additional insured on the policy throughout the period of use under their contractual agreement. Organizations must provide a certificate of insurance verifying the existence of the necessary liability insurance coverage including the coverage of Saint Louis School and the Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre as additional insured with the following requirements:
Insurance Requirements - Commercial General Liability at $1,000,000 each occurrence; $100,000 damage to rented premises (ea occurrence); $5,000 medical exp (any one person); $1,000,000 personal and adv injury; with a $1,000,000 general aggregate.
Saint Louis Center for the Arts
3142 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816-1579
Phone (808) 739-4886 - Fax (808) 739-4821